Thursday, January 26, 2012

OK, the first step to any contest is deciding a plan of attack.  I am speaking, of course, of the menu for the pies. Oh, and how MANY pies will be entered?? Let's look at the list of options shall we?
  • Crisco Innovation
  • Crisco Chocolate
  • Crisco Cherry
  • nut
  • Gluten free
  • Peanut Butter
  • Pumpkin
  • Raisin
  • No Added Sugar
  • Fruit/berry
  • custard
  • cream
  • cream cheese
  • citrus
  • Sweet potato
Whoa - what a mouthful!! I don't know about you, but I have notice as I type each one out - they lead to overlap. I will need to be careful where I place my entries.  Did you notice the Gluten-free?? It's new and I'm so0o0o excited for this pie. A good many of my family members have gone gluten free & love the effects of the lifestyle but struggle with finding tasty alternatives to old standby gluten filled foods.  I see this category my highest challenge not just for the contest - but to feed to my dearest family.      

You will notice the 'Crisco' label on the first three - those are the only entrants that must contain 1/2 cup Crisco somewhere in the recipe.  I can't for the life of me see where shortening would go BESIDES the crust but, eh what do I know right?

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of tons of others who suffer from gluten attacks, ** thanks ** Rachel for exploring this option! I wish you the very best in this contest. ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete